BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND…SLSRC is starting the Fall/Winter session of the “Back to the Basics” Classes for Amateur Radio.
The classes are for all hams, but are geared toward new hams, those that want to refresh their knowledge, and those who are not hams yet.
The classes will be at 7 PM on the first Friday of each month (except December) in room 420 of the Clinical Learning Institute (Goldfarb School of Nursing) at Missouri Baptist Hospital. (Same meeting location as the monthly SLSRC meetings.)
Meeting Dates and Topics are:
• October 6 – Tech Privileges and setting up your first VHF/UHF station.
• November 3 – Repeater usage and checking into nets.
• December 8 (Second Friday) – My first HF radio, Calling CQ, Modes and Operating procedures,
HF antennas and coax.
• January 5 – Confirming QSOs, QSL cards, LOTW, eQSLs, etc.
• February 2 – Emergency Communication and Public Service Events.
• March 2 – Other aspects of Ham Radio (HamWan, Satellite, Digital Modes, SDR, Contesting,
In addition to information about each topic, there will be a Q&A session with several “Elmers” available
to answer your questions.
Registration is not required, but is appreciated.
Contact Cliff KCØSDV at firstname.lastname@example.org for information and to register.